Solar Bore Pumps: Benefits and Applications
When you run a farm, have animals or any other reason to transport water from one location to another easily, having a quality water pump is essential. One option that is ideal for these particular needs is the solar bore pump. While there are also electrical options, there are quite a few benefits offered when you choose a solar powered option.
Ability to Reach Out-of-the-Way Places
Perhaps the biggest benefit offered when you choose a solar bore pump is the ability to reach areas on your land or farm that are not reachable by the power lines. For example, this pump will help to take water to plants in the south forty. Since this type of system is able to replace other pump options, the benefits are widespread and touch the economic, social and environment.
The solar bore pump is designed to be powered by solar panels that will collect energy from the sun. This is energy that can be stored and used to power the pump. In most cases, the water will come from a stream that is nearby, or under the ground, where it will be stored in a large tank. Since this depends on energy from the sun, the use of stored energy is not necessary.
Primary Benefits of Solar Powered Bore Pumps
When you compare the solar powered bore pump to more traditional options, you will find it offers a number of benefits, which include the following:
- Easy to install. In fact, a single person can easily install this pump.
- Low maintenance requirements. Since it runs on solar power, it can collect power to run even on cloudy days.
- Reliable and simple design make it efficient and effective.
- No risk of fuel spills or costs associated with fuel, which reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Can be operated when no one is around, which means constant monitoring is not necessary.
- Can be moved from place to place. This allows you to provide water all over your property or area, minimizing the investment on multiple pumps.
This type of water pumping, with a solar powered bore pump, is becoming more and more popular around the world in underdeveloped countries as well as rural areas. This is because solar energy is all that is used, minimizing costs to the users while being an environmentally friendly option. Regardless of how it will be used, the vast benefits make it an appealing option for people who need to access water in out of the way locations.